Tobago is an adventure game, in which the players possess different parts of treasure maps. During the game, more and more information about the locations of the treasures are revealed, and the possible locations are narrowed down. When a player identifies the location of one of the treasures, they try to reach it as fast as possible to secure the findings.
The game features a modular game board.
text on game box back:
This is where the adventure begins!
Chests full of gold are buried in the jungle – rumors have it that one of them is hidden next to a hut near the island’s largest mountain. Another is hidden where the roar of an untamed river can be heard, it is said. Through the fronds of a palm tree, the proud gaze of a mysteriously scrunching statue casts its spell on the unwary treasure hunter …
Welcome to Tobago!
The attractive, top-quality game pieces on the lovingly illustrated game board give the impression of a true mysterious treasure island. Each player contributes valuable clues, which determine where the treasures are located. The excitement mounts as the adventurers strive to be the first to arrive at the treasure sites. The 3-piece game board with its innovative design can be set up with 32 different scenarios, each providing fun and a new challenge.
- 2011 Hungarian Boardgame Prize, Nominee
- 2010 JoTa - Best Graphic and Presentation (Critic)
- 2010 Boardgameratings.com Best Family Game
- 2010 Golden_Ace, French Game of the Year Nomination
- 2010 JUG, 3rd Place
- 2010 Dutch Game Price, 3rd place
- 2010 Gouden Ludo (Flanders), Nomination
- 2010 BoardGameGeek Golden Geek Best Family Game
- 2009 The Dice Tower Most Innovative Game Winner
- 2009 The Dice Tower Best Production Values Nominee
- 2009 The Dice Tower Best New Game Designer Nominee
- 2009 The Dice Tower Best Family Game Nominee
- Board Game Arena (real-time)
The game comes with 20 amulets, not 21 as listed in the rules/setup sheet. Information received from Jay@RGG.
BGID: 42215Time: 60 minutesDesigner: Bruce AllenYear: 2009Artist: Victor BodenAges: 13 and up